Touch of Nature

Natural Products and their usefulness in our daily life to achieve a healthy mind and body.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Psoriasis and it’s remedy in Ayurveda

Psoriasis is a common condition of skin which is considered as non contagious. It’s a chronic disorder of the skin characterized by scaly reddish patches. The inflammation commonly affects elbows, knees and scalp. It could be mild to severe. Any people of both sexes can get affected by psoriasis. People of any age can be affected by this disease.

Patients with more severe psoriasis may have social embarrassment, stress in job, emotional stress and also other personal issues because of the appearance of their skin.

Still the cause of psoriasis is unknown. Stress, excessive alcohol and smoking are considered as the factors which aggravate psoriasis. According to Dr. Heng, professor of medicine/dermatology at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Curcumin , the potent yellow spice found in turmeric and curry powders is effective in treating Psoriasis as well as many other skin conditions.

Results of a recent University of Texas study indicate that Curcumin effectively halts the growth of, and eventually kills, melanoma cells in culture. Clinical trials also are under way to test the spice's effects on colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, multiple myeloma and breast cancer.

Source:
http://www.medicinenet.com/psoriasis/article.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis
http://www.indogen.net/psoriasis.html
http://www.psoriasisconnect.com/

6 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Nickson said…

    Psoriasis is an irritating skin ailment.It can catch anybody at any time.However heard a little bit about curcumin which helps us to treat cancer but it can also used to treat Psoriasis was unknown to me.Thanks.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ups sorry delete plz [url=http://duhum.com].[/url]

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello mates, good piece of writing and nice arguments
    commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


    Feel free to visit my weblog web site

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find
    a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Take a look at my blog post; juicing machines *http://www.jujunation.org/EulaAllan*

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For most recent information you have to visit internet and on
    world-wide-web I found this website as a best web page for newest updates.



    Here is my blog juicing diet

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tend not to leave many responses, however i did a few searching and wound up here "Psoriasis and it's remedy in Ayurveda".
    And I do have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Is it just me or does it look like a few of these remarks look like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing on other places, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of every one of your communal pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    My weblog - acne remedies

     

Post a Comment

<< Home