Honey, the nature’s precious gift has numerous advantages for making a healthy body and skin. Women, who spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on several anti-wrinkle and moisturizing creams, should first think about honey. There are several homemade recipes which may bring glow to your skin. Honey has an excellent property of absorbing and retaining moisture. It is known that ancient beauties regularly applied a mixture of honey and milk to the face to keep the skin young looking, radiant and smooth.
Following are some homemade recipes with honey for making healthy looking skin-
1. Cucumber- Honey Toner-
Puree 1 cucumber in a blender and drain away the liquid. Add 2 tsp. of honey with it and mix well. Apply it on face and neck with cotton pad. Leave it for some time and then rinse well.
2. Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this on your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
3. Mix honey with lemon and vegetable oil. It’s a good moisturizer for dry skin. Apply this musk for 10 minutes.
4. To get a glowing face mix honey with milk and apply the mixture on your face.
5. You can also make a good cleanser by mixing honey with 1 tsp. of liquid soap and ½ cup glycerin. Apply gently onto face using a face sponge. Rinse well with warm water and pat face dry.
6. Add ¼ cup of honey to your hot water bath for silky and lustrous skin.