Nutrients necessary for Cancer patients
1. Alpha carotene/beta carotene/vitamin E- Raw carrots are the rich sources where you can get all these nutrients.
2. Sulforaphanes/isothiocyanates- Raw Broccoli from where you could get these nutrients.
3. Saponins- It could be found from Green Asparagus
4. Isothiocyanates- Raw Cabbages are the great source.
5. PAC's or OPC's- Beetroot and red beets are the sources.
6. Curcumin- Extracted from the spice called Turmeric.
Experts say that a healthy diet can reduce the risk of cancer. High intake of fruits and vegetables in regular diet shows better results. Spinach, oranges, yellow colored fruits and vegetables like carrots are very much protective against lung and colon cancer. Tomatoes are found quite effective in protecting prostate cancer.
Garlic and Onion are also significantly associated with a reduction in the risk of certain cancers particularly gastric and colorectal cancer. These vegetables contain a class of sulphur containing substances such as allium which possess a range of cancer fighting mechanisms including the ability to protect against DNA and chromosomal damage, potent antioxidant activity as well as the ability to detoxify or deactivate carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) by acting on certain enzymes involved with their metabolism
Among fruits apples, grapes, lemons, pineapples are helpful in dipping the risks of cancer.
Turmeric, the main ingredient in curry, is rich in the phytochemical curcumin which has been shown to possess a wide range of protective mechanisms, specifically in regards to cancer protection; an effect which has been observed in preliminary population studies. Curcumin may protect against various diseases such as cancer due its anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenic and antioxidant mechanisms.