Numerous benefits of Henna
Henna, Lawsonia Enermis is well known to us as a natural colorant. Generally we use it to dye and condition the hair and to make tattoos on the body. It contains lawsone (a chemical molecule), which bring the color after exposed to air and sunlight. Except coloring it has also other several benefits.
In the Egyptian age henna was used on the nails to mummify the pharaohs. In Egyptian history it was used to color and condition the nails which were known as royal manicure. Here present an Egyptian formula to manicure. Mix one teaspoon of henna powder, 5 drops essential oil of eucalyptus and two teaspoons of strong black tea. You can add some rose petals and saffron. Now stir it well in one direction making its consistency like toothpaste. Cover it with a towel and leave it for 8 to 10 hours. Next day, it is ready for use.
In early ayurvedic ages prophets used Henna to heal the ailments. In ayurvedic text it has been defined as anti microbial, anti irritant and astringent. It improves blood circulation, prevents the loss of water, and makes skin smooth. It use to aid skin problem, arthritis, sedative, leprosy and to reduce dandruff and hair fall. Listed below some general disorders and their easy remedies with the use of Henna.
1) In case of 1st or 2nd degree of burns henna paste is very useful up to complete healing. It eases the pain and prevents the infection.
2) It has anti viral effect so henna powder is used to treat warts and herpes (Viral diseases causing eruptions of the skin or mucous membrane).
3) Local apply in the form of paste or powder helps to heal the chronic wounds and ulcers.
4) Just one dose of henna has long-lasting effects to treat Epistaxis or nose bleeding.
5) To get soft and conditioned hair adds olive oil to henna. To stick the color on grey hair adds apple cider vinegar. Use strong black tea to produce golden lights and onion or lemon juice helps to brighten hair.
6) In soar throat, soak leaves in water and use it to gargle.
7) The paste of henna leaves can relief pain on the affected area.
Teeth whitening recipes
Teeth are a very important part of our daily life. It helps us to chew our food so that we can digest it properly. It even helps us to speak properly. Since, most the time we bite and chew our food, so we should take proper care to keep our precious teeth healthy and shiny. Hence, brushing and flossing are must to keep teeth strong.
The followings are the homemade teeth whitening recipes:1. Make a paste of one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of salt and use it to make your teeth super white. 2. Instead of brush, use steams of neem to clean your teeth and refreshes your mouth. 3. Use guava leaves to squeaky clean your teeth and looks bright. 4. Rub your teeth with inner white part of orange peel. It helps you to get lovely white shiny teeth. 5. Smash some fresh strawberries and rub it to whiten your teeth. 6. Dry the bay leaves and make powder out of it. Then use this powder to make your teeth bright.7. Another way to make teeth super white is to use bark of walnut tree.8. Finally, you can even rub your teeth with fresh sage leaves for whitening purpose.
Home remedies for some common ailments
We are bounded with different kind of bacteria all over our environment and it is getting worse day by day. So I thought to do a small research on few important and common diseases which we face too often. Let’s get start:
Extract the juice from ginger and add honey to it. Take this medicine three to four times. It works excellently well.
For dry cough, the root of turmeric plant is highly useful. Roast the root and then powder it. Take this powder twice daily-one, at morning and second-at evening.
· Drop few eucalyptus leaves in water and then boil it till the water becomes one quarter after evaporation. Now inhale the steam. It’ll refresh the whole body.
· Add one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey to a half cup of warm water.
· Take few dry gingers and make a paste out of it adding a little water or milk to it. Apply the paste. It works great.
· Make a fine paste of cinnamon with water and then apply it all over the forehead to get relief.
· Mix coconut oil with a paste of fresh aloe vera gel and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it on to the burning area. It works well.
· Apply lavender oil to the affected area. It works well.